We are looking for an experienced Transport Modeller to join a client in the Midlands.
You will work on and assist in leading a range of transport studies dealing with highway and other modelling projects.
The role requires an experienced Transport Modeller who has developed a strong technical base in strategic modelling software (i.e. SATURN and VISUM) and has experience in project management, client liaison and fee proposal writing.
The role presents an excellent opportunity to progress your career and work with a successful team on a wide range of regional, national and international transport planning and modelling projects, with opportunities to diversify transport modelling outputs and techniques into new and innovative markets and products.
• Understanding client requirements for modelling, and the specification of related model tasks • Transport model development including model building, calibration/validation, model testing and auditing, checking and analysis of model outputs
• Ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget
• Preparation of technical reports and proposals for clients
• Attending internal and external client and team meetings
• Developing and mentoring more junior team members
We are looking for a keen, progressive and versatile individual with an established background in transport modelling. For this role we require candidates to have a numerate degree (BSc) in a relevant subject for example transport planning, mathematics, economics, physics or geography.
• Expert knowledge of transport modelling theory and methods
• Expert knowledge of data collection, analytical techniques and appraisal methods
• Comprehensive understanding of UK transport policies/guidance (e.g. WebTAG and DMRB)
• Proven experience of strategic modelling using programs such as SATURN and VISUM
• Ability to advise on the design of modelling studies and lead their management and delivery
• Proven ability of working as part of a team to undertake large strategic modelling projects
• Highly numerate with strong problem solving skills
• Should have the ability to work under minimum supervision
• Proficient in Word and Excel
• Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and drawings
• Methodical approach to problem solving and strong attention to detail
• Focus on results and project delivery
• Full, clean UK driving licence and ideally access to a vehicle
• MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
• Chartered Professional status (e.g. CEng, MRTPI, TPP or CMILT)
• Experience of highway scheme appraisal and current economic modelling software including, COBA, QUADRO, MyRIAD and TUBA
• Experience of working with public and private sector clients
• Experience of using Python scripting language
• Experience in the use of micro-simulation models such as PARAMICS and VISSIM
Please contact Brian La-Ffin for further insight regarding the progression of these positions (0161 941 5277 / 07895 710 250 / email@example.com)